Arindom from India

Hi Rene,
Sorry for late introducing me…actually i taken membership yesterday but cant able to introduce me then i followed you already guided introducing process:grinning:…

I am Arindom Nag from India,working as a NOC engineer in a tier2 ISP…done CCNA & CCNP Switch training from local institute but havn’t any global certification…i need knowledge in Routing & switching…for now i am not looking for any global preparation but want to do more study in CCNP & CCIE R&S…so if i go through your all lessons proper schedule wise topic wise is it ok ? should i take admission again in other institute?

I am trying to learn your lesson from yesterday so i feel its very very nice for beginners and advance level as well however please suggest…

Don’t mind i am new comer in your lesson that’s wy asking you frankly…

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom

1 Like

Hello Arindom! Welcome aboard!

It’s great to have you here. Rene’s lessons are ideal for understanding the networking principles necessary for Cisco certifications at all levels. Feel free to study through them and we are here to help you out if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Laz

Hello Arindom,

Welcome on board!

Even if you don’t intend to get any certifications, I would still recommend to go through the CCNA/CCNP/CCIE topics as you’ll see all important topics, and in the right order.

One of the advantages of IT/networking is that you can learn pretty much everything on your own, without ever leaving the house :grin: Whether that’s effective or not really depends on you…the advantage is that it’s affordable and time effective. The disadvantage is that you’ll need the discipline to study on your own, without anyone telling you what/when to do.

The advantage of a classroom is that there is a teacher you can ask questions if he/she is available. The pace of the classroom also depends on how many students there are and their level. When you already have some background knowledge, I usually prefer self-studying since you can focus just on the things you need to learn.

Rene

Hi Laz,
Thanks to replied me…yes i am doing study through Rene’s lesson so need your help and guidance.

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom
India

1 Like

Hi Rene,
Thanks to replying me…
Yes you are right class room training is better but in here in my place maximum institute is doing business place of proper education so i don’t want to go any institute :grinning:
i know without any classroom training its difficult to clear all the point but one another thing is i am not from rich family so for me financially its not possible to effort 1.5 Lacs Indian Rs for CCNP and CCIE training bcz later on again global certification fees so Rene my plan is want to do self study CCNA,CCNP,CCIE(R&S) from you:grinning: shedulewise topic wise,want to give dedicated time for study & LAB.so need some guidance from you regarding the study structure plz find the below mention shedule,
want to do 8hrs study in every day…
CCNA 2 hrs (1 hr for Technology + 1 hr LAB)
CCNP 3 hrs (1hr theory+2 hr LAB)
CCIE 3 hrs (1 hr theory + 2 hr LAB)
later on if i feel any thing should be change i will change(like LAB duration or theory duration)

Regarding books 1st will follow your lesson properly then will move CISCO press books, i having CCNP cisco press books for CCIE will purchase on later.

Regarding LAB i have GNS3 in my laptop,i have this devices (one Cisco 7201,Cisco 3560,MPC-480,ASR,Huawei S6720,Juniper ex4600) in my office lab i can use this for my practice so for now get knowledge i think this can be ok, cant get all flavours but they having open standard(OSPF,MPLS,BGP)routing features and i saw you suggested for CCIE LAB exam take rack rental from INE so i think for now its not needed.
Do i need the INE workbook for CCNP R & S ? i contacted with them and taken the price as well but didnt booked so need your guidance Please…

So Rene overall can understand i should give huge effort on study then i can reach my goal i will try my best and try to give 100% dedication from me,hope its clear for you what i am trying to say and what is my plan so please suggest i am waiting for your reply…

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom
India

Hi Arindom,

Don’t get me wrong, I prefer self-studying over classroom training :smile: A typical 5-day official Cisco course costs about ~$2500 in the US or ~€ 2500 in Europe, that’s not something anyone pays out of their own pocket. Usually, the people who attend those courses work somewhere and their boss pays the course for them.

With self-studying, you can achieve all your goals as long as you have the discipline to actually work on it.

About your schedule, for now, forget about CCNP + CCIE. Just focus on CCNA for now. There’s a reason Cisco always uses this pyramid picture:

In CCNA, you learn all the basics…in CCNP, you learn more about the topics in CCNA and some new stuff. In CCIE, you learn more about the things you learned in CCNP and a LOT more new stuff. Just work your way from CCNA > CCNP > CCIE.

About your lab, you can use GNS3 for all your routers for CCNA/CCNP. For switches, it’s best to use some real hardware:

You don’t really need workbooks for CCNA/CCNP. You could try everything I explain in my lessons here, or you can try some labs from gns3vault.com if you want.

You can easily spend ~200-300 hours on CCNA and ~300-400 hours on CCNP so for now, don’t even think about CCIE :slight_smile:

Rene

Hi Rene,
Sorry for late reply & thanks for guide me…sure i will follow your instruction…but as i said you in my 1st introduction that i done my CCNA & CCNP Switch training whatever i started to study topic wise one by one again from your lesson CCNA & CCNP…for now i am not following CCIE:smile:…as per your suggestion right now i am following CCNA(200-300hrs) CCNP(300-400hrs):smile:after finish this work i will ask you about next step…

Thanks again for guidance…

Thanks & Regards,

Arindom
INDIA

1 Like

Hi Rene,
Hopefully you are good…
I think you can remember me…

Good news again i joined in your networklession,9th again i renewed my account and want to stay with you take more knowledge in every topic and as per your suggestion i am doing self study,everyday dedicatedly doing shedule wise study,doing lab & lab.

But I feel you are my best trainer so as a student I can expect your support please support me as I told you want to do self study and doing as well, I believe if I do study in good way definately can reach my goal but need your support.

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom
India

Hello Arindom,

Good to hear you want to stay with us :slight_smile:

Is there anything, in particular, you are struggling with now? If so, let us know and we’ll do our best to help you forward.

Rene

Hi Rene,
Thanks for reply me…
Yes yes having question struggling with this doing study and study doing more labs will ask you in end of lesson where every one is asking…

As i told you Right now i am working in Tier2 ISP NOC as a Implementation & design Engineer here we are using OSPF,MPLS & BGP so having more question regarding this 3 protocols but all of we know this 3 protocols are like as ocean :smiley:so should do more and more study on this.

But as per your suggestion to get clear knowladge i am following this structure now CCNA(200-300hrs) CCNP(300-400hrs) & CCIE(1000hrs) :smiley:

I will ask my questions in lessionwise…

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom

Hi Arindom,

Sounds good, just stick to your plan and keep learning/labbing :smile:

There is always to learn more…even as a CCIE, you can keep learning more about protocols like OSPF/BGP, it never really ends =)

If you have any questions, post them in the corresponding topic and we’ll do our best to answer them.

Rene

Hi Rene,
Thanks for reply…yes sure i will ask you my questions in topic wise.

Have nice day…

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom

Hi RENE,
Hope you are doing good:smiley:

Last month 16th May again I renewed my account again but sorry due to huge work pressure of my office project didn’t study from last 16 days whatever from today again i start my study.

But Rene when i am handling the project(Routing network) lot of technical question is blowing and coming in my mind and here i am the senior person of the entire Routing network project but no one is here to help me but i am going through the books but still having doubts.

As you know i haven’t any local classroom teacher,from lats 3 months i am continuing with you & your network lesson so you are my only one teacher so if you help i will be very grateful but defiantly will do study otherwise cant get clear concept when you will explain so this is my my hearty request for you…

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom

Hello Arindom,

It can be difficult to study next to a busy job. I have quite a lot of R&S material so if you encounter anything during your project, you should be able to find an explanation here. If you run into anything you can’t find an explanation for here, let us know ok?

Rene

Hi Rene,
Hope you are doing good…:smiley:
Again i renewed my account on 16th June 2018, this is my 4 month with you and your network lesson,really i am enjoying your lesson and you are the great trainer for CCNA,CCNP & CCIE (R&S):+1:

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom

Hello Arindom!

Great to hear that you’re enjoying your time with us here at NetworkLessons! We’ll do our best to make your experience as great as possible!

Laz

Hi Laz,
Thanks Thanks for reply…Yes i know you guys will help me and i will try to do my best for my study’s.

Arindom

1 Like

Hi Rene,
Hope you are doing good…Again i renewed my account today morning…this is my 5 months going on with you…really i am enjoying with your lessons and forum as well:smiley:

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom

3 Likes

I really enjoy the forum as well glad, you are here!

Thanks,
Scott

1 Like

Hello Arindom

Great to hear that you are enjoying your time here and that you find it useful! This is what we are doing our best to achieve!

Looking forward to continuing communicating with you!

Laz