BGP Communities Explained

Hi Rene,

Now I have a problem that makes me want to pull my hairs out. We’re a global company that has 5 different branches in 3 different countries. The current situation is every branch has its own private AS# and we use eBGP to connect all the branches. We have all the devices run OSPF and IBGP inside of each branch. As I said before, we have 5 different branches in 3 different countries, which means actually 3 branches we’ll need to use the same ISP. In order to help with the understanding, please refer to the diagram attached. let’s see 65521 R3 is running static route to go to ISP A. For 65524, I want the traffic to go through ISP A by adding a static route on R3. This will need us to redistribute the static route to EB GP for R8 to know it, right? As we redistribute the static route to the BGP, all the router in 65523 will know the road to ISP A. However, same traffic sometimes will also initiate on 65523, which I don’t want them to go ISP A, I want them to go ISP B. Which means i don’t want any redistributed static route to affect anything for R4 and R5, is there any easy way to achieve this?

It will be highly appreciated if you can help me with it.