CCIE R&S Lab Equipment

If this helps anyone, I have completely reconstructed a CCNP TSHOOT Lab which consists of quite a few devices using 5 real Cisco Switches and 4 NIC cards on one PC while mixing it all with GNS3 :slight_smile:

I was even able to write some simple pythonic script on a docker with a tftpd-hpa server configured on it. The script would have loaded a randomly selected configuration and run config replace on a specific device and than I would have tried to fix that :smiley:

It has allowed me to pass my CCNP TSHOOT exam within a week from my CCNP SWITCH and now I finally am CCNP :stuck_out_tongue:

The question is where to go next and even though I would love to do CCIE the price for the lab seems crazy, although it is not like it will take me 2 months to prepare for this and written exam price is much more affordable I think.

Was also thinking about SEC OPS/CCNA Security or CCNA Wireless studies as eventually I would love to land in security somewhere (at the moment still posting letters … really feel like I am wasting most of my day doing this).

HTH,
Kamil

p.s. I know this is a lot about a CCNP lab … although the idea can be applied to CCIE studies I guess in case if anyone want this option.

1 Like