CEF (Cisco Express Forwarding)

Hi Andrew!,

Glad to see you around and yea! thanks for confirming my doubt.

I have a few more doubts that i have no where to turn to and i hope you will enlightened me…

My coreswitch has ip cef turn on my default.

q1) I have been reading up abit on cisco about IP CEF and it seems like to enable/disable IP CEF, you have to do in at the ingress interface as the decision (e.g. load balance is done there). – is it right ?

Assuming i have “no ip cef” and only wish to turn on ip cef on certain interfaces and ->
q2) if i want to do to packet loadbalancing, should “ip load-share per packet” command be issue on the ingress interface as well ?

q3) Reading How to Verify Cisco Express Forwarding -> “http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/ios-software-releases-120-mainline/47205-cef-whichpath.html

Use the show interface x/x stat command and determine the number of packets and bytes that the router forwarded through "Processor" instead of "Route cache." Note that "Route cache" includes both fast-switched and CEF-switched packets.
router#show interface stats     
FastEthernet0/0           
Switching path Pkts In  Chars In Pkts Out Chars Out 
Processor 95084 26211621 33493 3386174 
Route cache 24581 1132797 24542 13297583 
Distributed cache 0 0 0 0 
Total  119665 27344418 58035 16683757

Should this command be issue on the ingress or egress interface ?
if it is to be issue on the INGRESS interface -> What does the “Pkts Outs” under Route cache means then ?

Really hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Alan