Cisco Small Business Switch VLAN Configuration

Hi Rene,

I hope I’m in the right place here…

I have been following through your example here and I think is the closest example I’ve found to what I’m trying to do, but I think I’m missing a few things

…like where do the different IP’s & ranges get set for each VLAN, and can those separate VLAN’s be setup to do the DCHP assignments for the devices in each VLAN?

Here’s briefly what I’m trying to accomplish…

I have a network on a Comcast fiber with public static IP’s I have a cisco router 1941 up front, then a cisco SG300 switch to handle traffic connections between my internal network of computers behind firewall, the VoIP phone system, and another 3rd party data network…these pieces are all functioning just fine…

Now I need to add Wireless “guest” network to the mix, separate and outside of the firewall.
Were going to be using (5x) Cisco WAP321’s POE …each location has been cabled with a home run back to patch panel. I want to use another Cisco SG300-10 to be the central switch and power supply for the WAP’s …following the login of your example what I thought perhaps I could do is have 1 VLAN across 5 ports of the SG300, handle the DCHP for the WAP’s (to simplify WAP setup, since they all be hanging 12+ ft on the walls) and be my power source and my gateway. I will use 1 one the public static IP’s we have for SG300 and point it to the Cisco 1941 as the network gateway.

Do you think you can point me in the right direction here? I feel I’m close, but still a bit new to some of these devices, and seem to be missing couple of key pieces.
fyi I currently changed this SG300 setup as L3 (as router)

George