Data Models and Structures

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

1 Like

Hi There,

Recently, the organization that I’m working for is starting to implement something called Software Defined Networking, SD-Access. I was wondering if we have a topic for this technology in this website.

If you have please share it with me. I’m trying to read this topic and get familiar with it.

Thank you

Hello Mustafa

Under the Evolving Technologies section whose link you see below, there is Unit 2 which is called Network Programmability that deals with SDN. You can take a look at those lessons which should cover what you need.

SD-Access is something you will also find in the following lesson:

Look them over and if you have any more specific questions, just let us know!

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like

Thank Mr. Lagapides !

This is a great section you showed me sir :+1:

1 Like

Curious in Yang Git Hub , under vendor list, i only see Cisco and Juniper. If other network vendor like Arista, Alcatel are not there; does that mean their device does NOT support YANG model ?
if not, how do people use Netconf/restconf/gRPC to do automation with them ? (as all these protocols rely on YANG model)

Hello Samson

Arista does support Yang models on Github, and you can find those at the following link:

For other vendors, you may not find repositories and you may have to create them yourself. To determine if a particular vendor supports some form of automation, I suggest you research or contact the specific vendor in question. They will then lead you to the most appropriate solution.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz