DMVPN Per-Tunnel QoS

Hello Ajimal

Take a look at this post, you should find your answer there:

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hello Rene,
thanks for the explanation, it was more than enough for understand the how QOS over dmvpn works,
I just have a question about QOS ,and i did a continues research to solve my problem but with no luck, so my question is that:
I have more than 120 branches distributed over my country and I have two hubs in the data center, All these branches connected to the Data Center Core Routers using DMVPN tunnel.
Each Branch has 3 Vlans;one for users and one for Voice and the last one for Cameras.
here is my problem with Cameras Vlan :pensive:
I’m trying to control all traffic that goes from Hub to Spoke just for Cameras Vlan all over the branches but with no luck
is there any solution to solve this problem since i have 120 Cameras vlan ?
how can i control the traffic from the hub toward the branches using QOS i just want 1Mb for Cameras vlan fro each branch ?

I have applied QOS on each spoke to control cameras traffic from spoke-to-hub and its working correctly.

I hope hear a solution from you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Amjad

You need to be able to distinguish between VoIP, data, and camera traffic on the hub router. You can do this by using the appropriate class maps and policy maps. Now in the lesson, VoIP traffic is identified using the RTP protocol, so this can easily be distinguished from other types of traffic. You can however take care to mark your camera traffic with a specific DSCP, and then have the class/policy maps you create, match that particular DSCP value, and treat it accordingly.

To mark DSCP values of traffic, take a look at the following lesson:

Note that you will have to mark such traffic either at the source of the traffic (the NVR?) or somewhere within your network, possibly at the switch/router interface that connects to your NVR.

Once the traffic is marked, you can use the same principle as that used for VoIP traffic in the lesson, but instead of matching for the RTP protocol, you can match for the particular DSCP value. Make sure to use a DSCP value that is not used by other types of traffic.

Try it out and let us know your results!

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz