EIGRP over Frame-Relay

Rene,

I noticed in the frame-relay “eigrp on Multipoint Frame-Relay” you did not do the ping back to R3.
So, when I tried it failed of course. I created in GNS3 a loopback 3.3.3.3 on R3 and advertised it on
EIGRP and it would not ping from router 2(R2). You then have to correct the problem by mapping the DLCI on
router 3, as well. If you do not add the static DLCI mapping to the interface s0/0 on R3 the entire router
is not able to be pinged from R2 to R3. Checking the Routing table shows an EIGRP route (R2) through R1 but
R3 will not respond to the echo request. I scratched my head on that one for a while.

I like using the loopback 0 address for troubleshooting with ping as well. I am sure you were aware of that the
other R3 Static DLCI command was needed but us newbs are not so fortunate. You state that through static frame relay
mapping that adjacencies can be built between router 2 and 3. Can you elaborate on that? As well how would we build
redundancy into this scenario of hub and spoke. If something happens to PVC between either R2 or R3 and R1 then R3
cannot reach reach R2 and visa-versa. How do we map from R2 to R3 so redundancy is accomplished (partial-mesh). EIGRP would then
develop new routes for traffic between R2 and R3. More efficient and at a lower hops with the new adjacencies.

Can you elaborate on redundancy over frame relay and how we develop adjacencies through Frame relay mapping?
Thanks , this was extremely informative on Frame relay and EIGRP. :slight_smile:

thanks
Forrest