Getting started!

Heyy there! This is Kirthi Sagar from Chennai, India.
Am currently a Uni student with (CCT + AZ-900 + CCNA) certs currently. Still a year left for my graduation :smile:

Next, thinking on going the Devnet way. But am here to strengthen my basics and also to prepare for my networking job interviews :))
Also, to get benefited from all ur expert guidance and advice/suggestions to my queries!

Peace

Hello Kirthi and welcome to NetworkLessons!

We’re happy that you chose us to help you in your certification journey. It’s great to hear that you are starting your journey early, getting those certifications under your belt, and strengthening your understanding of the principles involved. We hope you find the lessons helpful, and if you need anything, you know where to find us.

Looking forward to “seeing” you on the forum!

Laz

Thanks manh! Hoping to clear a good interview soon :), to gain some experience and then go ahead with my CCNP prep!

Hello Kirthi,

Welcome on board!

Sounds like you are on the right track :sunglasses: CCNP is a good idea, it helps to understand even more about “basic” networking before you dive into other topics like Devnet. A year left until your graduation is also a great outlook.

I wish you good luck studying and preparing. If you need any help you know where to find us :slight_smile:

Rene

Thanks Rene. So, ur saying go for CCNP before Devnet? Also, do u think if some hands-on real world experience is required before i cud take on CCNP? Or, can i go straight away? Thanks

Hello Kirthi

Like Rene mentioned, going for CCNP first is a good idea, although it is not a hard and fast rule. It will give you a better feel for networking and prepare you for other certifications like Devnet, but it’s really up to you.

Real-world hands-on experience is always useful when preparing for certifications, but it is not a requirement. Real-world experience tends to be focused in one particular area, depending upon the job description, while certifications have a broader scope. Studying the appropriate materials and labbing things up are the absolutely vital components of preparing for the certifications.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Thank you so much for clearing the air, Laz!

1 Like