Hello from London, UK

Fell in love with Cisco! Have got Background in IT/BSc comp science. Working on network+/A+/security+ and CCNA

Planning on taking all exams once final goal is CCNP and automation route! Very fortunate I have wonderful home lab with few cisco 1941/ and 2921 with securityK9 license. couple of L3 3750v2.

I recently upgraded my Esxi server to HP 380 G9, Have a few instances of CSR v1000 which amazing to work with! I am really passionate and love virtualisation and VNF in general and Enjoying automating with off-box Python at moment(have coding experience)

With the help of this wonderful and resourceful site I am hoping to gain my CCNP cert and my dream goal of CCIE enterprise!

Virtualization+Automation(Python/IaaS e.g terraform) <——these two subjects are my favourites! (Not sure which CCNP route would take me towards those two)

Taha

Hello Taha!

Welcome to NetworkLessons! It’s great to have you with us, and it’s wonderful to see how passionate you are about networking. That’s so important when you set such high goals for yourself. Your passion makes it possible for you to achieve them! Your pretty awesome home lab will be of help too!

We wish you success in your certification and learning journey, and we hope to be able to help you along the way to getting your ultimate dream goal of CCIE enterprise!

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

Laz

Hello Taha,

Welcome on board! It is great to read you are so enthusiastic about networking :sunglasses:

The exams you are currently working on will help to understand all networking protocols in depth. If you can configure something on the CLI, you can learn how to automate it with tools like Terraform, Ansible, Python, etc.

The lab you have is excellent to learn a lot of things. You might like EVE-NG or Cisco’s CML 2 on your server. These two make it easy to launch network devices.

I wish you good luck studying. If you need any help you know where to find us :slight_smile:

Rene

@lagapidis @ReneMolenaar

First off thank you this website for in-depth networking tuitions.
I just wanted to say I am extremely excited last week I did something remarkable I been told.

I passed the A+ 1001, A+ 1002, network+, server+ in less than 72 hours. Also achieved two other stackable certs from CompTIA CNIP and CompTIA IOS. Yes exams where taken in consecutive days. Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday. At the time I thought this was normally.

I also was planing to fit CCNA but due to budget issues I will skip the CCNA and plan on CCNP encor next year may or June

Then shortly after. I received direct congratulations message from Comptia Director and have been invited to CompTIA member and partners conference 2022 with the chance to go on stage and talk about how achieved this in the short window.

The thing is most of the certifications have overlapping concepts. Having a lab and the ability to lab exam objectives allowed me to “overlearn” certain topics. For example network+ LACP, I would lab this up in physical switches then do etherchannel. Then look at etherchannel load balance, then. I would play with layer 3 etherchannel. I would go so far that eventually I would end up covering CCNP exam objective I hope that makes sense.

Learning method:

Read the theory—> Learn & reflect on the theory—-> Implement/Lab——> Teach what you learned(blog/tube video etc)

The method allowed me to learn topic very fast

I am now also a technical content creator: Network automation and network engineer content

YouTube:

GitHub:

It’s amazing to think when I joined this website I didn’t know what VLAN was?

Fast forward today! I can do VXLAN overlay with flood and learn(data plane method) and setup pim sparse mode multicast with
Any cast pair of RPs on nexus 9k switch including the layer 3 spine and leaf topology underlay with OSPF/BGP. It’s amazing what you are capable of when you dedicate yourself!

Thank you again this year I have over achieved my goals!

Hello Taha

That’s great news! Thanks for sharing your achievements with us, and we wish you great success in your future endeavors… including your CCNP certification!

Keep it up!!

Laz

Hello Taha,

First of all, congratulations on passing all these exams. That is quite an achievement! Very nice to hear that you were noticed by Comptia :sunglasses:

There is overlap between exams. When you go for CCNP (ENCOR), it’s not like you will learn 100% new things. You will learn more about the things you already have seen. Studying basic networking is hard because everything is 100% new to you. Once you know the basics, learning more is easier.

Your learning method is spot on. When something is completely new, you have to read about it or watch some videos. Once you understand the basics, lab to see how it works in action. Often, it works slightly different than what you thought when you learned about the theory. Explaining something to others helps to get rid of your knowledge gaps. Also, my experience is that if you can’t explain it simply, you don’t fully understand it and still have some knowledge gaps.

I wish you good luck. You’ll probably have some more great achievements in 2022 :slight_smile:

Rene