Hello from Norwich

Hi, I’m Charlie. I had initially taken my icnd1 and 2 because I wanted to improve my network at home (which I did). I worked as a telecoms tech- I was helping the network guys with some problems and was asked if I would like to take up a role in that position.

Our network has a huge dependency on route maps and Dmvpn. There is so much to unravel so I have tons to learn (which I’m really looking forward to doing) hence signing up.

Hello Charlie and welcome!

It’s great to have you with us. It’s interesting that your initial desire for networking certifications was to improve your home network. It sounds like you have a lot of drive to achieve your goals. Route maps and DMVPN are features that can have multiple “layers” that do indeed unravel, but it’s a great learning experience.

Hope you find the content helpful, and if you have any questions, you know where to find us. Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

Laz

Hello Charlie,

First of all, welcome! Sounds great that they asked you to join the network guys.

I have a lot of examples for DMVPN. If you’d like a “best order” to learn things, keep this in mind:

• First, make sure you are familiar with “regular” GRE tunneling (point-to-point).
  • Make sure you understand the basics of routing protocols like OSPF, EIGRP, or BGP. Focus on the routing protocol that your company uses.
  • Make sure you are familiar with “regular” routing using OSPF/EIGRP over GRE tunnel interfaces.
  • Learn about multipoint GRE and NHRP (that’s DMVPN).
  • Learn about routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP) over DMVPN. The complexity here is how these routing protocols behave over DMVPN. Focus on the one that your company uses.

If you start with this link:

You’ll see all examples. Make sure to lab up everything yourself and rebuild some of the things you see at your company.

For now, good luck studying :slight_smile: I hope this helps!

Rene