Hello, Young Professional Mert from the Netherland

Hello all,

My name is Mert. I am 24 years old and I live in Hoofddorp (near Schiphol Airport). I love networking and got my CCNP R&S in my own time and my goal/dream is to become a CCIE’er.

I do not have any work experience because I graduated last year for my bachelor’s study and it’s hard to find a job at this moment due to the corona epidemic.

As of now I am currently learning for the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure. I am still confused how the lab exam is going to be, but until the time, I will be learning it via NetworkLessons.

Great to meet you all and hopefully we can help each other in the community forum :slight_smile:

Hello Mert and welcome!

It’s great to have you with us. Thank you for sharing your networking history and your goals. We’re here to help you along the way. If you have any questions, you know where to find us. We wish you success in your certification journey!

Laz

1 Like

Hallo Mert,

Welcome! Good job passing CCNP and completing your bachelor. These are strange times, finding a job right now might be difficult but if you can, it’s a great opportunity to study now.

Once the lab exam is out, we’ll know what it’s like. It’s going to take a while before people can take it since right now, all CCIE lab centers are closed:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/blogs/a0D3i000002SKPQEA4/update-ccie-lab-exam-testing-facilities-closed-until-further-notice

There is so much you can do now to prepare though. Go through all the technologies, all topics…lab them up, test things. We’ll have to wait for the real lab to see what to do about topics like DNA Center. You can check dcloud and devnet though.

Try to learn as much as you can, that’s what I did when I was 24. The more obligations you have, the harder it becomes :grin: I’m 37 and with all the work I do for networklessons and family life (married and a son of 14 months), it’s difficult to find free time (especially now, trying to work from home).

Study, get your certifications, and you will have no problem finding work when things go back to normal.

For now, good luck! If you have any questions, let us know ok?

Rene

1 Like

Hello Rene,

Will do, thanks. I can totally understand it that you have a busy life besides the work that you’re doing on Networklessons (and perhaps some other business-related work). :slight_smile: