Hi Everyone!

Glad to be here!

I have a question, when configuring QOS Policing, should it be applied closest to the source or destination as possible?

Hello Sam,

Welcome! About policing, it depends on what you want to achieve. An ISP might police traffic from their customers so in that case, it’s close to the source. It’s possible that this policer doesn’t drop all traffic but remarks most of it so a second (more aggressive) policer drops the traffic later in the network.

If your goal is a single policer then close to the source is a good idea. You don’t want to waste bandwidth on traffic that you want to drop anyway.

Rene

Thanks Rene,

I have another questions, if I was running dual stack IPV4 and IPV6 in my network. And I wanted to enable Flex Net Flow for IPV4 and IPV6 how many collectors would I need?

Hi Sam,

It depends on your collector but if you have software that supports IPv4 and IPv6, you could use a single collector.

Rene

Thanks Rene for your help. I have so far not passed the CCNP Encore after 4 attempts. I think it is a very challenging exam since the scope is so wide. I have my exam this week. Wish me luck.

Hi Sam,

ENCOR does cover quite some topics. The passing score is also high so you’ll need to know everything.

When you fail an exam, always do a quick braindump when you leave the test center. Write down everything you can remember that you were unsure of. Go back home, then read up / lab up everything you were unsure of. Get rid of any “knowledge gaps” before your next attempt.

I hope you can pass next time!

Rene