Hi From United States - Tulsa Oklahoma!

Ok I have scheduled my Tshoot “tentatively” on Oct 11, 2018 of this month at 9 in the morning. I am not sure if I will be ready but I think I will be. Oct 15th would have been my preferred date but I start a new job on Oct 15th so dont know if I can schedule then or not.

If I am not ready by within 48 hours I will just push the scheduled time way out and continue to study for a couple extra months each evening. My new job I will be a Traveling Network Engineer going across the country so I am pretty excited about that as well.

LoL I dont know why I am so excited to finish because I will never really finish… soon as I am done with Tshoot I am starting on the CCDA, and CCDP after that so its a continuous cycle its just nice to complete things!

I will keep you updated… 840 is pretty high score to pass so keep your fingers crossed!

Good luck Brian, I think TSHOOT will be no problem for you by now! :crossed_fingers:

Thanks this TShoot is really pulling everything together. Very interesting and intellectually stimulating I feel like I make large leaps and bounds every day. I may push it out further just for the extra studying not just to pass the test but because I am learning so much working with labs and really seeing how powerful these show commands are and I am seeing little tricks in how to use them. To many to list all but for example just now.

I was studying a lab where the problem was route-map and this specifically had to do with the use of redistribution. I solved it using the show run… I was so annoyed even though I figured it out because I had to scan everything looking at lines of code.

So after I figured it out I went back to the drawing board I hit up redistribution I hit up policy based routing none of it really was what I wanted. then I finally came across the most simple of things.

“show ip route” Yes I use this command all the time I use it for trouble shooting all the time its a great command and I knew it an almost always used it. However, when I paired it with understanding of external routes, and I paired it with trying to check on redistribution what was right in front of me snapped in place. if one router was missing External routes then something was not getting redistributed.

While this might have dealt with route maps the underlying issue is witnessed by the routing table. I have used the command when working on those sections so its not new but in a way its kind of new in the way it dawned on me. I know it might sound like I just discovered I had a fork when I was eating but its not always that obvious as perhaps if you bent some of the forks down you create a gardening tool where you can drop tiny seed to grow thus feeding yourself in a totally different way with the same tool. So yes obvious and I have used before but just continue to see new ways it can be used and my senses grow.

Makes me feel like a child that is learning new and wondrous things every day so exciting!!!

Date change to Oct 15th Monday at am just so I have extra time to study and learn. I start new job on 17th but will make sure to keep you updated on results!

Hello Brian!!

Good luck and I wish you success in your test and in your new job! Keep us posted!

Laz

I am going to be honest. If you know what your doing its not a bad test. However its still hard and time consuming. I felt like I was going through all the test rapidly and I only finished with 17 minutes left!

I just calmed myself down at the 30 minute marker and logically assessed getting excited would not be helpful and finished out.

I am so glad to finally get my CCNP after over a year of working on this stuff.

Thanks to Renee and Lazaros for all your help on here! I am not done going to go looking for some good material on Architect CCDA now and take prep for that test then the CCDP. After that not sure what direction but I will still be on this site reviewing and hanging out as I love this site its one of my all time favorite resources and I use it weeky!

Below is my ugly mug once again so happy and thankful!

Congrats Brian!! I’m glad to hear you passed it and you are now CCNP R&S certified!! :sunglasses: :partying_face: