Hi there! I am Enes from Turkey

Hello everyone, I am Enes, i am studying computer engineering, this is my senior year and i decided to be a network engineer, because that is what i like to do :slight_smile:

I am currently studying for CCNA and CCNP, i am open to all recommendations.

Hello Enes!

Welcome to the forum. It’s always good to hear from people who have a passion for networking. I think it is only when you like what you do that you can truly excel! We wish you success in your studies and in your certification endeavours. As always, we’re here to help you a long the way, so if you have any questions, you know where to find us!

Laz

Welcome Enes!

Sounds like a good decision to me :sunglasses:

Do you intend to go for the CCNA exam before the changes in February 2020?

Rene

Hi Rene!
Yes i hope i will be able to pass the CCNA exam within the next two months, i know about the changes will apply in the 2020 Febuary.
Thanks for reminding me!

Hi Laz!
I was wondering that which certifications are the most valuable in the road of being a network engineer? And which ones has the most educational content?
Thanks a lot!

Hi Enes,

As a network engineer, it’s best to start with CCNA and CCNP. You’ll need a solid foundation of R&S knowledge before you can look into any of the other tracks.

Rene

Hello Enes

I believe that the most valuable certification is that which brings you the most opportunities. From my point of view that certification is the routing and switching certification at all levels, CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. This is because it is the most fundamental set of topics that are covered for networking as a whole. However, if you do want to specialize in a particular area, then you can move into Collaboration, Security, Datacenter, or Wireless to name a few, as these specializations exist at all levels of certification (at least until recently). With the new changes to the certifications in early 2020, this may change somewhat, however, the fundamental background of all topics is indeed the routing and switching curriculum.

Now as for the most educational content, I think that most certifications require you to understand the topics covered truly in-depth. That means that from all Cisco certifications, you will gain an educational background on the topics covered.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz