Hi there! I am John from Victoria, Canada

(John V) #1

Would like to improve my understanding of networks. Probably think of myself as an intermediate ( have been around computers a long time) but not focused on networks.
First network course was a TCP course with HP in 1996

1 Like
(Rene Molenaar) #2

Welcome on board John!

Do you just want to learn on your own or pursue some (Cisco) certificates?

Rene

(John V) #3

The purpose is really to get more knowledge for my own interests. If that leads to me taking the certification exam later that’s ok. I am at the “sunset” years of my careeer so its not about looking to acquire for career growth. I am actually quite excited that I have eventually decided to spend some time in learning new skills.

1 Like
(John V) #4

Hi I started the course and was wondering about the format. For the first few modules there was audi/video with course notes. When I got to IP6 there are just notes (no audio/video). Am I missing something or is the course mostly just reading the course notes from the screen?

(Rene Molenaar) #5

Hello John,

if the technology interests you then it’s fun just to learn on your own, not having to worry about exams.

About the course format, it depends. When I started Networklessons, I only wrote articles and sometimes recorded videos. Nowadays, I add a video whenever I write something. So for now, you won’t find a video for each lesson…hopefully in the future I can change this and add a video for each and every lesson.

Rene

(John V) #6

Rene thanks for clarification. I was just making sure that I was not having some technical issue.