Hi there! I am Mark from Transaxle Manufacturing of America

Who are you?
I am Mark, the network administrator for Transaxle Manufacturing of America.

Where are you?
We are located in Rock Hill, SC. (near Charlotte, NC)

What stage are you in? Are you a beginner in networking? A veteran studying for a CCIE exam?
I have passed my CCNA, but I need to strengthen some existing skills and learn about areas I am unfamiliar with.

What’s your background? Why did you join NetworkLessons.com? Any cool stories to share?
Previously, I was an IT Technician. I was promoted to Network Administrator because I kept the department running when the the department lead took a new job. I was without a department lead for 18 months. It was a long time to try and keep the department and existing projects flowing. So, TMA made a new position to promote me to. I am used to wearing many hats, but I still have much to learn about this new position.

Hello Mark and welcome!

It’s great to have you with us. Sounds like you were taught to swim by being thrown into the pool. It’s not the most pleasant experience, but if you survive, and it looks like you’ve done so brilliantly, you sure do gain a lot of experience. Thanks for sharing your experiences. We hope the forum is useful to you and as always, if you have any questions, you know where to find us!

Welcome once again!

Laz

Hello Mark,

Welcome on board! Sounds like you did a great job without the department lead. Good to hear they rewarded you for your effort with the promotion :slight_smile:

If you have any questions, you know where to find us!

Rene