Hi there! I am Paul from Hawaii

Who are you?
My name is Paul I am a navy vet whos been in network engineering for 10 years plus.

Where are you?
Currently located in Colorado Springs but from Hawaii
What stage are you in? Are you a beginner in networking? A veteran studying for a CCIE exam?
Just recently started my studies for CCIE

What’s your background? Why did you join NetworkLessons.com? Any cool stories to share?
looking to gathers more knowledge needed to help me pass my CCIE exam

1 Like

Welcome, Paul!

I wish you good luck studying for CCIE (Enterprise?). It’s a long journey but worth it. If you need help, you know where to find us.

Rene

Just a quick question will the CCIE course here help prepare me for the written exam as well or is this more suited for the lab?

Hello Paul

Allow me to welcome you to the site as well! Great to have you with us.

The CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure course on the site focuses on the lab exam. The written exam for CCIE is actually the 350-401 ENCOR exam, which is considered qualifying exam for the CCIE lab. This must first be passed before you can do the lab exam. This is detailed in Cisco’s related CCIE informational page. The ENCOR material can be found in the CCNP ENCOR course.

So if you’re going for the CCIE Enterprise certification, you’ll have to go through the ENCOR material for the qualifying exam, and the CCIE material for the lab exam. There is some overlap between these two courses, but for the most part, that material will get you through.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz