Hi there! I am Wylian from Brazil

Who are you?
Wylian

Where are you?
I’m from Brazil, but I study Telecommunications Engineering in Russian

What stage are you in? Are you a beginner in networking? A veteran studying for a CCIE exam?
Currently studying for my CCIE R/S.

What’s your background? Why did you join NetworkLessons.com? Any cool stories to share?
I think it’s amazing how Rene can explain the topics with easy to understand English and in an organized and well explained way, it’s an excellent course, I hope to get the most out of it.
Thank you for sharing this knowledge with us.

Hello Wylian

Great to have you with us and we’re happy that you are pleased with the content on the site. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always search the forums or post your queries, and we’ll do our best to help you out.

Thanks for choosing NetworkLessons to help you on your certification journey!

Laz

Welcome Wylian!

I am glad to hear you like my work! :+1: How’s the studying going for CCIE R&S? Did you see the changes they announced for February 2020? The lab exam will have a design and configuration section. The written exam is gone and replaced with the CCNP 300-401 ENCOR exam.

Rene

Thanks lagapides)

Hello Rene, thanks.

Yes, I saw, is it true that those who already have CCNP certification will be able to take the direct lab test?
Do you think it is worth taking the written test before February 2020?

Hi Wylian,

Good question.

The current written exam has some topics that are only on the written exam and not on the R&S lab exam. If you plan to take the new CCIE Enterprise lab, I would check how many topics the current written exam has that you don’t find on the lab. If there are only a few, go for it just to get it out of the way. If there are many changes, it might be better to do the ENCOR exam.

Do you have any idea when you want to do the lab?

Rene

I have to do it by April 2021 but I would like to do it before, maybe in the middle or late 2020.
So, a friend told me, and from what I read it implied, that those who already have CCNP certification, will already receive direct encor certification, and consequently will already be able to do the CCIE lab.
Is this correct?
Yes, I’m looking at the topics, let’s see, early 2020 will have very little information (preparatory courses) I believe

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduction to DNS

Hi Wylian,

Cisco has a neat migration tool:

So if you do ROUTE + SWITCH, you get ENCOR.

ENCOR is enough to go for the lab:

So yes, what you say sounds about right :slight_smile:

Rene