How to configure Administrative Distance

Hi Laz ,
How r you ? As per thoroughly read the forum of related post . i Came at this point where these statement is not relate with my understanding of this topic .

“You should be careful when configuring ADs. The ADs used should be the same across all your routers so that routing loops are not created**.”

that Administrative Distance is a value that is valid only locally. That means that any changes you make to AD will change the way that the specific router handles routing, but will not change how other routers handle routing.

Both statement is contradict , if we change AD value is it routing behavior change or what ?

Could u please explain both statement in detail .

and while change AD Value in router how can we decided what value need to putted here to ???
Any range of AD ?

I have a few question irrespect to this .
1.In what condition where there is a requirment to change Ad value .
2.What is redistribution process ??

Suppose two routing protocols like ospf and eigrp is running on a router and provide information of same prefix or a network as per defination of Administartive distance Router choose best route or path by choosing lower ad value .In that case they will choose eigrp .
Please correct if I am wrong to change Ad value is required because we can get back up path to reach same prefix if some how our primary or best path is fail like in case if available route to reach destination is through eigrp is fail , to not to happen we firstly configured to lowering the ad value of ospf routing protocol in same router
Ospf Ad value <Default eigrp value (90 )

Sir this is a highlighted point ,please clarify it how you decided to put the value in distance command ,have u take any random value after putting you mention that it is inter area or intra area and after changing the value what the router behave do in routing table .

Edited :-

PLEASE SHARE UR REVIEW ,SUPPOSE A ROUTER C RECEIVE THE ROUTE INFORMATION OF SAME PREFIX FROM ROUTER A and ROUTER B , ON BOTH THE ROUTER RIP IS DEPLOYED , NOW WHICH PATH ROUTER C CHOOSE AS BOTH OF THEM HAVE DEFAULT VALUE 120 .
PLEASE CORRECT IF I AM WRONG IS BY CHANGE THE DEFAULT VALUE OF AD OF ANYONE OF ROUTER WE CAN FIND BEST PATH OR THEY PERFORM ANY OTHER MECHANISM .
rgds
Shivam Chahal.