How to Filter Prefixes with Distribute-list

Thanks for answering.

So it seems to me that Best Practice here is just a starting point. Once you get enough knowledge you can be even more efficient depending on the specific design and setup. That was what I was really getting at. I am starting to understand it so my thinking once I have the basic grasp is not held down by specific rules because rules are for the most part general in nature.

I just wanted to ask and confirm that before hand because while what I just stated is logical and common sense if your not careful and don’t ask questions there may be an unknown that can impact and I would hate to pull something into my toobox of knowledge that might be a no no… thank you for helping to setup boundaries so that I know when to follow the boundaries and when to change them to tailor fit something.

when I don’t know how big my world is or the box on a specific item I am generally very cautious until I find the boundaries of my box and then after that point I can use my imagination and creativity to run amuck but only after I have a basic grasp of the foundations and understand the complete system of that box.

So yes that does help a lot! =)

1 Like