How to use Cisco Documentation for CCIE

Hello Walter

The use of Cisco documentation for the CCIE is of utmost importance because it is your only resource during the exam. Learning how to use it efficiently means the difference between passing and failing. In the real world, Cisco documentation is also important, but it is not as mission critical. You have various additional resources to go to such as forums like this one, consultants, and even colleagues. We all have what I like to call our “Cisco Gurus” which are those people that we go to when we can’t solve a problem or troubleshoot an issue, and I still have a couple of them that I go to from time to time.

So in the real world, although of great importance, Cisco documentation is not the only source of information in your time of need.

Now having said all that, I agree with you that not enough emphasis has been placed on learning how to use Cisco documentation in general, and much of the searching skills I’ve obtained come from trial and error. I believe it is a useful skill that we should all learn.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like