Introduction to APIC-EM

Hello Rene,
A few questions about the APIC-EM. To me it looks like APIC-EM can only be used to discover topology, backup configuration and configure devices, but we already have plenty of tools out there that can be used for all of those things. I am not sure what is the special about APIC-EM.
On the other hand, a full blown SDN package might be little bit helpful. I am not sure about it, but it will require special devices for it.
Now let’s come to the point.

1. After clicking the admin section on the top right corner, according to Rene, passwords need to be entered for CLI credentials and snmpv2c or snmpv3. What does it do? Why the CLI password is required here?

2. When I am discovering a device, do I need to use SNMP read or write or both? Is it also required to enter CLI password? A device might be managed by a TACACS server. For that case, can any user’s credential be used here?

3. Would you please show me how to configure a remote device by using APIC-EM?

4. Let’s say a device is connected to the network and it does not have any configuration at all in it. Now, what is the minimum configuration the device has to have for me to configure the device remotely?

Thank you so much.

Azm