Introduction to IPv6

Hello Lazaros,

Thanks for your answer ; If i may ask another precision regarding this process :

To be clear i’ll show an example :

Imagine a very little network with 4 PCs and a layer2 switch
All swith’s ports are in vlan 1 and no other configuration has been added;

PC2 's ipv6 adress is 2001:1:1::2/64 ; so it automatically generates a solicited node address of FF02::1:FF00:2 ; also it automatically joins that multicast group in order to listen on it;

Now with PC1 (configured with adress 2001:1:1:1::1/64) trying to ping PC2 (2001:1:1:1::2/64) ; PC1 generates NDP/NS message;
The ethernet header holding that NDP/NS message has got Layer 2 ethernet source address = PC1 MAc address ; and; layer2 ethernet destination address = 3333.FF00.0002 (directly derived from PC2’s solicited node address);
The fact i wanna point is that when that NDP/NS message hits the switch; the switch treats it like any ipv4 broadcast by flooding it out all interfaces (except incoming one); Thus this ND message hits all the other PC’s …

I can add only one image since i’m new user on forum so i’ll add this one to illustrate what i’m trying to point out :

And my original question was about what happens next ; does the other PC’s (pc3/pc4) discard that frame because the destination mac address of 3333.FF00.0002 doesn’t concern them (so a discarding based on multicast mac) or do they decapsulate it and discard them because of the destination ipv6 destination address being FF02::1FF00:2; (which doesn’t concern them) ?

Thanks again Sir