LAN traffic handling y router over serial link

If I am sending 10 G traffic from LAN to router over serial WAN link how does router handle/process this traffic.

Assuming router and switch are connected with 10 G link

Hello Durebo

The router should receive this traffic, de-encapsulate it to the IP header, check the destination IP address and route it appropriately. Since the link is a 10 G link on both ends, the router will receive the traffic at the same rate that it is sent. If you are asking for more details concerning a specific scenario, please provide some additional information so that we can be more specific in our answer.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hi Laz,

My doubt was when the rate of traffic receiving on the router LAN interface High like 10G and this traffic has to go to internet over the serial link, how does the router hold/process this excess traffic

Incoming rate is 10Gbps (router LAN interface)
Outgoing rate is ~1.5Mbps (Serial Link)

Hello Durebo

A router will receive traffic on an interface at a rate up to its maximum. When the router routes this traffic to the Internet over a serial link that is much slower, if you have no QoS mechanisms in place, excess traffic/packets will be dropped. If however these packets are part of a session at a higher layer as well, say a TCP session, then TCP flow control mechanisms will kick in an the flow of traffic will decrease appropriately to accommodate the low throughput.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Now I get it…

Thanks Laz