Mahmoud atta

Hello from the UK
My name is Mahmoud,i wanna get CCNA.Some body recommended me to get Comptia A+ as well,but I don’t know is it good,or CCNA is enough?I am a beginner.

Hello Mahmoud

Welcome to the forum! I’ve done some work on CompTIA A+ content, and I find that it is also a good certification as it gives you an all round understanding of networking. It is quite generic, meaning it doesn’t focus on any single vendor. Even so, it does deal more with operating systems (primarily Windows, but others as well) than CCNA does, and it is not as focused on PURE networking like the CCNA is. I guess it depends on what you want to concentrate on.

CCNA is a pure networking certification and you get much more in depth into routing protocols, switching concepts, and various other networking protocols. CompTIA is much broader but doesn’t go as deep. If you want to focus on pure networking, CCNA is definitely the way to go. If you want a broader understanding of networking including concepts pertaining to workstations and servers, the CompTIA A+ may be right for you.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like

Hello Mahmoud,

Welcome! I agree completely with what @lagapidis says. I did CompTIA A+ a long time ago. It’s a good certification especially if you want to learn about system and network engineering. If you only want to learn networking, go straight for CCNA.

Rene

1 Like

Hello all

Thank you very much for answering my question. It was very helpful.