MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE) IS-IS Configuration

Hello Laz,
Yes the customer wants to test the capabilities of ISP’s network internally before we connect it to the production router/switch at the day of migration. They want to make sure that circuit is working fine and we are getting expected bandwidth.

I agree that there will be routing between CE and PE. But we get a /30 subnet from MPLS provider as Layer 2 directly connected right? So is there a way i can connect the optical fiber terminating at DMARC point, connect it to some RJ45 converter(not sure if there is one) and connect that to my laptop to run iperf tests? Can we do that?

If not, which other way we can test the MPLS circuit to make sure we are getting the speed/bandwidth we are paying for and no pkt loss/jitter, etc? Can we run iperf tests from a
Cisco router/switch? I can check if they can provide, but doesnt look like as of now.

I just searched, there is something called fiber optic-to-Ethernet converter box. So we can use that to connect to our laptop? We can give a /30 ip address to our laptop and gateway set as ISP’s /30 IP. Since MPLS circuit is layer 2, ISP gateway IP will be able to reach other sites on the MPLS circuit right? And we can do our iperf test on our laptop end-to-end. Does that make sense, or I am running ahead of myself?

Or what best you suggest please?