Hi Lazaros and Rene
>> The network diagram in the figure 1
>> Main details:
- I have already configured the static routes at all routers.
- The PC-01, PC-02, PC-03 and PC-04 run Windows7 OS and configure IP address, Subnet mask only. (That don’t have the IP default gateways.)
- All routers enable Proxy ARP of all interfaces. (enabled by default)
- All personal computers (the PC-01, PC-02, PC-03 and PC-04) can ping in the same subnet only.
>> Problem and Question:
Why cannot all personal computers (the PC-01, PC-02, PC-03 and PC-04) ping in the different subnet even though all routers enable Proxy ARP?
- The Cisco document tell “Proxy ARP must be used on the network where IP hosts are not configured with a default gateway” by following in the figure 2.