Troubleshooting BGP Route Advertisement

I was reading through this and then got to the trouble section on BGP Summarization. I had never really thought about it before as I have not had to configure it in the real world though I am sure I have came across it but was no problems with it so did not take any notice.

I studied CCNP Switch and Route and I don’t ever remember coming across summarization for BGP. I then did a DDG (DuckDuckGo my google replacement search engine) search on a line of code you had in there called aggregate-address.

Now normally when I thought about aggregate I thought about LACP or interfaces aggregated together so this was a bit confusing except the trouble shooting portion said summary so I had a bit of an inkling of where this was going.

I had to search on this site and found the following link: https://networklessons.com/bgp/bgp-aggregate-as-set/

is this not a CCNP or a CCIE concept do you have to study BGP specifically to pick this up academically?

Anyway this snuck up on me but figured I would make a post about it because I am always thinking out loud.