Watching the videos

All,

Forgive my question, but do I need to watch the videos?

One of the things that drew me to this site is the way the lessons are written (language used) and how they are broken up. Plus the occasional visual to really outline the concept.

However I fear I may miss critical pieces if I do not watch the videos. Is this the case? Can I obtain a decent competency of the topics just by reading the lessons?

Thanks,
-Kris

Hi Kris,

There’s no need to watch the videos if you don’t want to. Usually, when I have finished a lesson, I also record a video since the config is still on top of my mind. In these videos, I do the same walkthrough of the configuration.

Rene

This is PERFECT. No offense but I have trouble with video lessons as I cannot easily re-“read” something if it doesn’t click.

Plus your site is written with enough narrative to not make it so dry and technical like most of the Cisco Press books seem to be.

Now if only you did Collaboration track stuff :wink:

Thanks!
-Kris

Hi Kris,

None taken :slight_smile: I also prefer text over video any day, it’s much faster and re-reading is useful. I might add collaboration some day…first I’m going to finish all the R&S material and then move on to DC/SP, ASA and some wireless.

Rene