Wes from Texas

Hello guys and girls,

My name is Wes and I have been a network engineer longer than most of you have been alive. I am from Texas and also a songwriter. I record music and sell it on iTunes and Amazon.It is my escape from work.

I am here to hopefully brush up on lost skills. I have worked for companies such as Lockheed Martin, Bell Helicopter, Computer Science Corp., Hudson Bay, Comanche Peak Nuclear and many others.

The first 10 years were spent as an IBM ACF/VTAM Systems Programmer on large scale MVS systems. Then, IBM came out with token ring for PCs and everything changed. Right around the corner was Ethernet technology and I purchased one of the first layer two switches that Cisco manufactured. The rest is history. Oh, Mike Dell was one of my customers before Dell existed.

I have the following certifications: Cisco CSE, CCNA, ICND1. Microsoft MCSE, MCP+I. IBM SNAPD. I would like to complete the CCNP. However, I just don’t have the time right now.

It has been a great ride. Met many talented people. A great career for anyone who has the aptitude for it. Keep up the good work!

Welcome to the Forum. I hope to have a successful career like yours one day!

Stay on top of your skills and you will. Thanks!!

Welcome on board Wes! With your experience and background, refreshing your CCNA R&S knowledge should be no problem.

Rene