1941W Wireless

just got done configuring the 1941w and cannot see the wireless network

Hello Scott

Can you give us some more information about your problem? What are you trying to achieve? What do you see in the CLI? Which lesson are you trying to replicate? Let us know as much information as possible so that we can help you in your troubleshooting procedures.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

ok so i got the 1941w suited to my network 10.0.0.0/24 i can see and connect to the ap via a client however i cannot change the WIFI PSK ssid if i do i cannot see the ap via a client

Current configuration : 2152 bytes
!
version 12.4
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service password-encryption
!
hostname ap
!
enable secret 5 $1$/cYj$XDutBC93BaY4LzMEnpMgR1
!
no aaa new-model
ip name-server 75.75.75.75
!
!
dot11 syslog
!
dot11 ssid WIFI-PSK
   authentication open 
   authentication key-management wpa
   guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 7 14341B180F0B7B7977
!
dot11 ssid WIFI-PSK2
!
dot11 ssid WIFI-PSK2.4
!
dot11 ssid WIFI-PSK5
!
dot11 ssid WIFI-PSK5.0
!
!
!
username Cisco password 7 047802150C2E
!
!
bridge irb
!
!
interface Dot11Radio0
 description 2.4GHz Radio
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 !
 encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm 
 !
 ssid WIFI-PSK
 !
 ssid WIFI-PSK2
 !
 ssid WIFI-PSK2.4
 !
 antenna gain 0
 station-role root
 no cdp enable
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface Dot11Radio1
 description 5GHz Radio
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 !
 encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm 
 !
 ssid WIFI-PSK
 !
 ssid WIFI-PSK5
 !
 ssid WIFI-PSK5.0
 !
 antenna gain 0
 dfs band 3 block
 channel dfs
 station-role root
 no cdp enable
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
!
interface GigabitEthernet0
 description  the embedded AP GigabitEthernet 0 is an internal interface connecting AP with the host router
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 1
!
interface GigabitEthernet0.10
 encapsulation dot1Q 10
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 10
 no bridge-group 10 source-learning
 bridge-group 10 spanning-disabled
!
interface BVI1
 ip address 192.168.30.2 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
!
ip http server
no ip http secure-server
ip http help-path http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag
bridge 1 route ip
!
!
!         
line con 0
 no activation-character
line vty 0 4
 login local
!
end

Hello Scott

If you change the SSID your client will no longer be able to connect. You must reassociate your client to the AP in order to obtain connectivity. Here is a step by step solution to resolve your problem. Try it out and let us know how you get along:

1. Connect to the AP using the default Wi-Fi PSK and SSID or via an Ethernet cable.
  2. Access the AP’s web-based interface by typing the default IP address (usually 10.0.0.1) into your web browser.
  3. Log in with your AP’s username and password. If you haven’t changed them, the default credentials are usually ‘cisco’ for both username and password.
  4. Go to the ‘Wireless’ or ‘WLAN’ section in the web interface, and look for the ‘SSID’ and ‘Security’ settings.
  5. Change the SSID to your desired name. Ensure that the new SSID is unique, between 1 and 32 characters long, and doesn’t contain any special characters or spaces.
  6. Change the Wi-Fi security settings to WPA2-PSK or WPA3-PSK (if supported), and then set your desired Wi-Fi PSK passphrase. Make sure that the passphrase is between 8 and 63 characters long and doesn’t contain any special characters or spaces.
  7. Save the changes and reboot the AP to apply the new settings. Wait for the AP to restart completely.
  8. On your client device, forget the old Wi-Fi network (with the old SSID and PSK), and then search for the new SSID.
  9. Connect to the new Wi-Fi network using the updated PSK passphrase.

If you still can’t see the AP via a client after following these steps, try resetting the AP to its factory settings and reconfiguring it from scratch. To do this, locate the ‘Reset’ button on the AP, press and hold it for 10-15 seconds, and then release it. The AP will reboot, and you can then reconfigure it with the new SSID and PSK settings.

Let us know how you get along so that we can help you further.

Laz

My comcast router has the same ip address as you suggested i log into to configure my wireless ssid 10.0.0.1. so thats not going to work. I also tried connecting to the ip address of the bvi1 interface which was suggested by online reading but could not connect that way either

Hello Scott

Typically, 10.0.0.1 is the default address of the device when it is reset, and that’s why I mentioned it here. I don’t know the details of the rest of your topology, so obviously, these addresses will be different.

What are the configured IP addresses on the router at this point? Do you have CLI access, or are you trying to connect? I’m not sure at what stage you’re at, so it’s difficult to help you out. Can you tell me more about the specific problem you are currently facing?

Laz