AAA Configuration on Cisco Switch

Oh I saw the earlier post. My bad… :frowning:

1 Like

when we configure the radius server, can we just write [SW1(config)#radius-server host 192.168.1.101 key radiuspass] ? without specifying port numbers? also we write the default value of acct-port which is 1646 (So, it is possible to not mention the acct-port in the command, right?). What is the auth-port 1812?

is it because of the radius server (Elektron)? meaning, there is a specific port number for each server? if we use another server then, different port number need to be used?

Hello Mohanad

You can indeed issue the command without the port numbers if you choose to. By default, the auth-port port number is 1645 and by default, the acct-port port number is 1646. In this specific lesson, Rene had to specify the auth-port since it was different from the default. He didn’t need to specify the acct-port since it is the default, however, he chose to include it for completeness.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hello,
please can you give me a help for how can i configure the switch WS-C2960L-24PS-LL.
some comand are different from your swtich dimostration.

Thanks

Hello Valerio

It could be that some of the commands have changed since the writing of the lesson. Can you share with us the version of the IOS in the device you are using and which commands you find are not working? Let us know and we’ll look into it further…

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Laz

Hello Lazaros,
C2960L Software (C2960L-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(6)E, when i enable aaa new-model then in config i cannot make the comand: radius-server host ?
% Unrecognized command.

the only options that i have are :

radius-server ? 

accounting          Accounting information configuration
  attribute           Customize selected radius attributes
  authorization       Authorization processing information
  backoff             Retry backoff pattern(Default is retransmits with constant delay)
  cache               AAA auth cache default server group
  challenge-noecho    Data echoing to screen is disabled during Access-Challenge
  configure-nas       Attempt to upload static routes and IP pools at startup
  dead-criteria       Set the criteria used to decide when a radius server is marked dead
  deadtime            Time to stop using a server that doesn't respond
  directed-request    Allow user to specify radius server to use with `@server'
  domain-stripping    Strip the domain from the username
  load-balance        Radius load-balancing options.
  optional-passwords  The first RADIUS request can be made without requesting a password
  retransmit          Specify the number of retries to active server
  retry               Specify how the next packet is sent after timeout.
  source-ports        source ports used for sending out RADIUS requests
  throttle            Throttle requests to radius server
  timeout             Time to wait for a RADIUS server to reply
  transaction         Specify per-transaction parameters
  unique-ident        Higher order bits of Acct-Session-Id
  vsa                 Vendor specific attribute configuration

Hello Valerio

Starting from IOS 15.4(2)S, the command has changed. As shown in this Cisco IOS command reference, the command is now radius server <name>.

For example:

Router(config)# aaa new-model
Router(config)# radius server
Router(config-radius-server)# address ipv4 10.0.0.1 acct-port 1813 auth-port 1812
Router(config-radius-server)# key mykey

More info on this command can be found in this command line reference:

Laz

Hi community !
AAA Configuration on Cisco Switch : Section 2: Configuration

I could not find **dot1x ** cli config under switchport interface. I am using
Cisco IOS Software, vios_l2 Software (vios_l2-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.2

Please inform the which version of the switch has interface cli option for dot1x

Hello Raghu

I’ve just logged in to CML and found that I have Cisco IOS Software, vios_l2 Software (vios_l2-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.2 same as you, and I have the dot1x optoin available. Did you remember to start off by issuing the aaa new-model command?

Let us know!

Laz