BGP filters

Hi sir,

please upload the topic how to stop duplicate routes in out traffic.

Regard

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed

Take a look at the BGP course below:

In there, you will find Unit 5 titled BGP Filtering. This unit contains several lesson that will help you in how to filter BGP routes.

Now if you would like to see a more specific lesson on a particular aspect of BGP duplicate routes, you can make a suggestion at the Member Ideas page below.

You may find that others have made similar suggestions, and you can add your voice to theirs.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hi Sir,
i want to announce only /27 ip pool to particular ASN. is this possible .if it is possible please tell me how to configure.

Thanking you

Hello Mohammed

It is possible to achieve what you are looking for. You can do this by using extended access lists. Take a look at the following lesson for some examples that will help you to further understand this:

An even more useful option however is to use prefix lists. As stated in the lesson above, prefix lists allow you to specify a network address with a specific prefix length or range of prefix lengths which is what you are looking for. Take a look at the following lesson on prefix lists. Although the lesson involves EIGRP, the principles are the same for BGP.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz