Can DMVPN spoke and hub be configured on sam Router?

Hi

I am trying to configure DMVPN Hub and Spoke on a single router, although all the configs are right i do not see Tunnel getting formed ? Just wanted to know if it is possible to configure this on a single router ? I can share the configs if you want to take a look

@ReneMolenaar Hey Rene can you share your thoughts on this ??

Well, the least amount of routers you will need is two…one hub and one spoke.

@ReneMolenaar I created multiple vrfs to accommodate this with both the tunnels in different vrfs . That also won’t work ??

Hmmm not sure if that would work :slight_smile: One VRF for the hub, another for the client? Why would you want to try this?

You could configure the same router as HUB and as Spoke as long they will not belong to the same DMVPN topology.

it usually used for HUB backup when you would create 2 different nhrp network-id so that 1 topology belongs to eigrp 1 and the other for eigrp 2, then the eigrp 2 which will be used as backup will be configured with higher AD so that the routers will prefer using the eigrp 1 as the main DMVPN configuration topology.

I don’t see how you can configure an VRF instance which pointing toward the CE as the tunnel source for the DMVPN? you do can configure the CE edge interface which pointing toward the PE as the Tunnel source, I did that and it worked smooth