Can't ping the router between the firewall

Hi Rene,

i have a problem on connecting my firewall asa to router im just doing some lab and try to do this lab workstation -----> l2 switch -------->l3 switch --------->firewall------>router done with the configuration but when i tried to ping the router from workstation it is not pingeable can you please help me on this thank you…

Hello Troy,

I see you have an L3 switch in the middle. Are the workstation and the firewall in the same VLAN or do you have some routing in between?

Some things to check:

• Check each L2 segment. If your workstation and firewall are in the same VLAN, can you ping from the workstation to the firewall? If you use routing on your L3 switch, can you ping the workstation and firewall from your L3 switch? Can you ping the router from the firewall?
  • If all L2 segments are OK, then it’s probably a routing issue. Does your workstation have the IP address of your firewall as the default gateway? Does the router have a route for the subnet of the workstation? If you use routing on your L3 switch, does it have a route for the subnet of the router?

Rene