Ccna 200-120 exam

Hi Rene,

a question about the exam can you please determine which topics are most importantly than others.

Also, is VTP included, is the multilayer switch routing included and so on.

Hi Abdalrahman,

On the CCNA exam(s) you can expect pretty much everything…the “core” topics are all L2/L3 protocols:

• VLANs, Trunking, Spanning-tree
  • General IP Routing
  • OSPF and EIGRP
Still, you can expect quite some questions on topics like access-lists, frame-relay, snmp, etc. If you only focus on the "core" stuff then you probably will have a hard time answering some of the other questions. You need quite a high score to pass so you probably can't get away by "skipping" some of the topics :)

Rene

Hello Rene,

I have a question about the exam . how can I better prepare myself for simulators when they take up a lot of my time trying to solve a problem because previously when I wrote the exam I ran out of time and then another simulator popped up at the end so I only had 3 mins left on the clock.

Do you have any idea what tools I can use to better prepare because I did very good in everything else except I spent too much time troubleshooting in the simulators to get the correct information according to the question or trying to solve the problem because some of the simulators you have sometimes like 10 routers.

Hi Jason,

As a rule of thumb, I would recommend spending not more than 10 minutes on a simulation question. It’s easy to run out of time on the CCNA/CCNP exams.

The best advice I can give you is to do labs, labs and even more labs. You need to become very familiar with the different configuration commands and show/debug commands. You don’t have much time to “figure out” how something works during the exam. When a simulation shows up, you should know what to do, implement it in a few minutes and be done with it.

If you want to get some more practice, take a look at my CCNA labs on GNS3Vault.

Rene

Hi Rene,

I am a new member to this group, and I must say you are an awesome teacher…your way of explanation is too good… I have a question regarding exams.

For CCNA and CCNP Routing and switching exams, do we need to be familiar with IOS XR command line?

Regards,
Nanu

Hi Nanu,

Glad to hear you like it!

You won’t have to know IOS XR for CCNA/CCNP R&S.

Rene

Thanks Rene

Regards,
Nanu

Hi Rene,

I posted on site just now I forgot to ask are you open to specific questions about the exam as I there are potentially some grey areas I would like to resolve before taking exam next time ? Many thanks Will

Hi Will,

If you have some general questions about the exam or particular topics, sure no problem! We can’t discuss the “content” of the exam(s) though. That’s against Cisco’s NDA and we don’t want to get into trouble =)

Rene

Hello Rene,

Thanks very much for the advice , and I managed to pass the exam this time.

best regards

Jason

That’s good to hear Jason, grats!

Renee

This was in general on exam aware that specifics should not be discussed - i am doing okay at mo on working on theory and labs many thanks for response

Will ps hope you are well