CCNP ROUTE Labs

I’m trying to prepare for the ROUTE exam…I’ve already been through several of the labs on gns3vault but have already forgotten most of them. I was hoping someone could perhaps make a recommendation as to what I should really focus on. I know the correct answer would be to focus on all the labs that pertain to CCNP ROUTE, but I’m really wanting to be time efficient. My guess is that if I focus EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP I’d probably be okay. Thoughts?

Hello Mike

You’re right, the “correct” answer is to focus on all the labs. However, because the ROUTE exam does focus on routing protocols, covering these that you mention will indeed cover a large portion (about 40%) of the exam. You might want to add a little bit of the following as well:

1. TCP operations such as MTU, MSS, Windowing etc
  2. A bit on VPN such as GRE, DMVPN and EVN, but no labs, just a review of theory (for time sake)
  3. Infrastructure services such as SNMP, device management, logging, NTP, DHCP for IPv4 and IPv6 as well as NAT

This should cover about 70% of the exam. Looking over the exam topics on the official Cisco site below will give you an idea of the percentage covered for each topic.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccnp/route_v2/exam-topics

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Thank you! I hope I pass this test…Cisco decided to put a lot of material into one exam.

1 Like

and so, have you passed your exam??

How were the exam labs were?

Yes, I did pass. The exam labs weren’t too bad. Without saying too much, what did bother me as there was a lot of material on the exam that was not covered in the Cisco Press book, so be prepared for that.

1 Like