CCNP Route Study Material

Hello Forum,

Looking for OCG alternatives. I have a networklessons.com subscription. Looking to purchase the Master CCNP Route book but is this the same content as networklessons.com subscription???

Hi,

CCIE Routing and Switching volume 1 & (some chapters of volume 2) could be considered as an alternative.
OCG for Route does not cover the entire Blue print. Recently I did my Route exam…What I would suggest you is research topics according to Blue-print.
I haven’t gone through CCNP route course contents from networklessons.com. But this site has covered decent amount of knowledge to pass the exam.
Do online research for each corner case topics such AAA, DMVPN, NAT64,IP-SLA…
You should be fine.

Happy Routing,
Sajith

4 Likes

Hi Gustavo,

The “How to Master” books have the same writing style as what I publish here on networklessons.com. The CCNP ROUTE book is like the CCNP ROUTE course. The course here however has more lessons, and includes some videos.

Rene

Hello Rene,

So is the content on this website more comprehensive than the content in the books for the ENCOR 350-401?:
https://www.amazon.com/stores/René-Molenaar/author/B00J243HN2?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true

If I already have a 1-year subscription (which I do), then it’s not worth spending the extra money to buy your books, right?
Is the content on this site enough to completely master the ENCOR, or should I buy the official premium edition cert guide (with practice exams) from Cisco?
Link to the official premium edition cert guide:

It has quite an extensive errate, but if I understand it correctly, all mistakes have now been corrected.

Thanks for everything, and have a nice week ahead. :slight_smile:
Attila

Hello Attila

There’s no clear-cut answer to this question. The content on this site is geared toward giving you a series of lessons and hands-on lab scenarios that will cover the majority of the content of the ENCOR 350-401 exam. Where the lessons found here are more practical in nature, the cert guide is more theoretical. Even so we believe that the content here is sufficient to cover what you need for the exam.

Keep in mind that Cisco always has a disclaimer about the topics covered in the exams, which essentially means that they have the freedom to add whatever they choose to the exam, so you’re never 100% sure that you’ve studied all of the relevant topics.

However, achieving a good balance between theory and practice is essential. I believe that labbing and relabbing scenarios is among the most important practices that will allow you to achieve your goals.

Ultimately, you will have to decide what combination of this site and cert guides you are to use to get the best balance that will give you the results you need. I believe that gaining a deep understanding through experience is more valuable than simply memorizing information. How you will achieve that best is up to you.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like