cEdge onboarding

I’ve really enjoyed the Cisco SD-WAN Controllers Installation lesson. But where’s the cEdge onboarding lesson with the IOS-XE commands? I have 10 C1111X-8P routers and I managed to get them license on PnP on Software Central, but having trouble with installing certs now. On the vManage Settings - Hardware WAN Edge Certificate Authorization - should I be pasting the ROOT-CA.pem in for Enterprise Certificate? The vEdge Onboarding examples don’t help as much when I’m not on viptelaOS.

Hello Greg

Rene’s lessons do focus on onboarding the vEdge devices. However, if you’d like to see a lesson cEdge onboarding, I suggest you go to the Member Ideas page below and make your suggestion. You may find that others have made similar suggestions and you can add your voice to theirs.

In the meantime, take a look at this Cisco documentation that explains the onboarding process in detail.

Starting on page 33, you’ll see the onboarding process for Cisco IOS-XE SD-WAN devices. There, you will see several options including an automated deployment with a plug and play process, and a manual deployment option as well.

Let us know how you get along with your installation process, and if you need any further help.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Thank you, Laz. I was able to successfully onboard the C1111-8P routers with your documentation. Much appreciated.

Greg

Hello Greg

Great to hear that the documentation was helpful! Thanks for sharing your results on the forum.

Laz

Hello,

I know this is an old one but I have a question. When we start our cisco1111x-8p with IOS-XE version 17.6.1a
it doesnt try to connect to cisco pnp server as it is described in the documentation. It just try to connect to a random pnp server pnpserver.com.companyname.root ?

Br,
Jean

Hello Jean

By default, a PnP-enabled Cisco device will go through the PnP agent discovery process that is embedded in the device. This process is specifically stated in this related Cisco documentation:

Based on this documentation, if it resorts to the DNS lookup, it will construct an FQDN using the preset hostname pnpserver. This may be what is happening in your case.

In any case, you can look further at the documentation to see what other configuration options are available to you.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz