Cisco 3G Wireless WAN Configuration Example

Hmm good question, I doubt you can automatically receive the APN. Normally we configure it manually on the router.

Hi Rene, i am trying to play with 4g-lte-ga and when Im trying to configure

dialer pool-member 1

i get

%Remove Leagacy DDR configuration first

can you help me out here please ?

thanks

1 Like

Hello Maksym

It seems that Legacy Dial-on-Demand routing (DDR) is configured on the router. This means that one or more of the following commands are enabled on the router:

In Global Configuration mode:

dialer dtr or dialer inband <em>parity</em>

On some interface:

dialer string ...
dialer map
dialer-list
dialer-group
dialer enable-timeout
dialer wait-for-carrier-time
dialer priority

Check both physical and virtual (dialer and otherwise) interfaces for any such configurations and remove them.

You might find some additional information here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/dial/configuration/guide/fdial_c/dafspoke.html#wp1000999

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cisco 3G Wireless WAN Configuration Example

Hi Guys,

For some reason my cellular interface on the router is not telnet/ssh able.
When the cellular interface comes up its pingable but we cant telnet/ssh it.

Did a wire shark,

tcp syn
tcp syn ack
ack
sshv2

then loads of the errrors below before timing out.

5591	283.604252	x.x.x.x	x.x.x.x	TCP	82	[TCP Retransmission] 64464→22 [PSH, ACK] Seq=1 Ack=1 Win=65392 Len=28

Hi @mrleeiian

Any chance the ISP is doing some carrier grade NAT or filtering anything? I’ve had issues like this before with site-to-site IPsec VPNs.

Rene

I have the same issue . Cisco Tac has advised that some commands were obsolete on Cisco IOS XE Software image hence the command is not required

Hello Venus

Thanks for letting us know! I will let @ReneMolenaar know to take a look and see if any modifications to the lesson are necessary.

Laz