Cisco ASA enable password changew

I am not able to change ASA enable password
I did

#username xxxxxxxx password yyyyyyyyy  privilege 15
#aaa authentication http console LOCAL
#aaa authentication enable console LOCAL
#aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL

after change the old enavle password is stil active?
Please

Hello Edi

What you have done is change the credentials for logging in to the ASA. The enable password is changed in a different manner.

In privileged executive mode (the # prompt) use the command enable password to change the current enable password. You can find out more about this command at the following command reference:

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Thank you, I did exacty the same command
# enable password password123

I can not enter in enable mode (exec) using password123, the old enable password is stil active

Hello Edi

First of all, I’ve checked my ASA which is an ASA5506 running version 9.8(2) and the enable command is something that is only available in global configuration mode (ASA(config#)). I’ve been able to change my enable password without problems. However, I did come across the following issue.

Take a look at the Cisco community post below. It indicates that there may be a bug on your particular ASA. Are you finding that the enable password is the same as the password of the user to log in to the device? If so you may have this command in your config:

aaa authentication sssh console LOCAL

Check your ASA version with the one in the post and see if it is the same problem.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Thank you - yes I tried , the enable password is the same as the password of the user to log in to the device, it is OK

1 Like