Cisco New CCNA/CCNP/CCIE 2020 Exams

Hello Fabio,

The first time I heard about the new exams, it was a bit of a shock :sweat_smile: Cisco throws everything upside down. All CCNA exams are gone except for one “general” CCNA exam. CCNP is also completely different now.

The new CCNA 200-301 exam is pretty good though. Most topics are about R&S with some newer topics like network automation. There is about 25% less material compared to the old ICND1 + ICND2 exams. CCNA now covers the “basics” and everything else is moved to CCNP.

To become CCNP certified you now need to pass only two exams. The core exam is a requirement:

• Core exam: Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies 300-401 ENCOR

And choose one of the concentration exams:

The CCIE R&S written exam is gone. 300-410 ENARSI is now a requirements to book a lab seat. Also CCIE R&S has been renamed to CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure.

I’m currently working on creating new course pages for the courses. I have most of the material for CCNA 200-301 so hopefully in a few weeks, I can finish it. I’ll then start with 300-401 ENCOR and probably do 300-410 ENARSI next. I think that will be the most popular concentration exam.

If you or anyone else has any questions about this, let us know ok?

Rene

1 Like

When will you be updating your material for the new exam?

Hello John

Much of the CCNA 200-301 course is up and running, and it is continually being updated. Take a look at the following link, and keep coming back to see how the course is being updated. New lessons are being added every week.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Thanks for updating the page with the new CCNA material - helps me to fill in any blanks.

Is there a general planned delivery time for the new CCNP material please? I know a lot of the existing CCNP material on the site will to some degree transfer over so I’ve been using that for learning along with gaining my own experience and learning doing my day-to-day Cisco work at my company.

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Rich,

We are currently building the new CCNP ENCOR + ENARSI course pages. I hope to have most of it online in a week or two.

Rene

1 Like

Does the course CCNA 200-301 in your site cover all the new topics included in the Feb 2020 new CCNA exam

Hello Rahim

The CCNA 200-301 course on the site is complete and covers all of the topics included in the new CCNA exam. You can find out more about it here:

Laz

can i take this cert first before taking the encor exam?

Hello Recardo

There doesn’t seem to be any restriction in which exam you should take first. In order to achieve the CCNP Enterprise certification, you must have passed both ENCOR as well as ENWLSI (or any one of the other of the concentration exams). The order doesn’t seem to matter. However, Cisco does recommend that you take ENCOR first as it will give you some more helpful and fundamental knowledge before taking ENWLSI. Remember, that’s how Cisco designed the exams, so if you don’t have a very serious reason to do it differently, it’s a good idea to go for ENCOR and then the concentration exam of your choice…

Laz

1 Like