The first time I heard about the new exams, it was a bit of a shock Cisco throws everything upside down. All CCNA exams are gone except for one “general” CCNA exam. CCNP is also completely different now.
The new CCNA 200-301 exam is pretty good though. Most topics are about R&S with some newer topics like network automation. There is about 25% less material compared to the old ICND1 + ICND2 exams. CCNA now covers the “basics” and everything else is moved to CCNP.
To become CCNP certified you now need to pass only two exams. The core exam is a requirement:
- Core exam: Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies 300-401 ENCOR
And choose one of the concentration exams:
- Implementing Cisco Enterprise Advanced Routing and Services 300-410 ENARSI
- Implementing Cisco SD-WAN Solutions 300-415 ENSDWI
- Implementing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks 300-430 ENWLSI
- Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks 300-425 ENWLSD
- Designing Cisco Enterprise Networks 300-420 ENSLD
- Automating and Programming Cisco Enterprise Solutions
The CCIE R&S written exam is gone. 300-410 ENARSI is now a requirements to book a lab seat. Also CCIE R&S has been renamed to CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure.
I’m currently working on creating new course pages for the courses. I have most of the material for CCNA 200-301 so hopefully in a few weeks, I can finish it. I’ll then start with 300-401 ENCOR and probably do 300-410 ENARSI next. I think that will be the most popular concentration exam.
If you or anyone else has any questions about this, let us know ok?