(Rene Molenaar) #1

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

(Fabrice M) #2

Hi Rene
I am try to see the difference between Performance monitor and netflow
and what is the best solution

(Lazaros Agapides) #3

Hello Fabrice

Cisco Performance Monitor is not a replacement or an alternative to Netflow. CPM is an extension to Flexible Netflow, which itself is an extension to Netflow v9. Which you will choose depends on what level of monitoring you desire.

CPM is ideal for monitoring metrics for real-time applications. Metrics such as Jitter, packet loss and round trip time are all vital for such applications. CPM would be very beneficial if you have such applications, however, if you don’t, Netflow may be sufficient for your needs. You will have to evaluate this based upon your requirements.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

(frank f) #4

Hi Everyone,

I have just tried this lesson but don’t appear to have the full command set although my research suggests all commands should be available for these ios vers. Currently I have the following:

7200 Software (C7200-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.2(4)S3,

C2600-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.4(18)

In addition to the above I have tried multiple ADVENTERPRISE images from 3000 to 7000 series in GNS3 but dont appear to have any access to the command set for these labs… can anyone advise?

Many Thanks
Frank

(Lazaros Agapides) #5

Hello Frank

Take a look at the following link. It contains the various Cisco Performance Monitor commands and the IOS versions that support them for the various platforms including the 2600 and the 7200.

Hopefully this will give you a better idea of what’s available on your IOS versions.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz