Cisco SD-WAN vSmart CLI Template

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

When trying to do this in a lab I am getting the error:

Device failed to process request. Error type : application Error tag : access-denied

I have googled the error but the fix about removing the ciscotacro and ciscotacrw couldn’t be done as well

vSmart(config-aaa)# no user ciscotacro group operator
Error: access denied
1 Like

Hello Jeromy

After doing some research, I have found that this seems to be a bug that appears occasionally. Some bug reports do indeed suggest the fix you mentioned, while others state that it has to do with a manually configured ip routing command on the vEdge. These involve releases 17.3.1 20.3 20.3.1 20.4 20.4.1, and cEdge-16.10.1 respectively. Rene used version 19.3.0 in his lessons.

The only thing I can suggest is to see if you can obtain the same version as Rene to duplicate his implementation. Otherwise, you can troubleshoot using Cisco TAC (if this is a production network) or other workarounds posted online.

Let us know how your troubleshooting comes along!

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hi Jeromy,

The same at my side. You can solve it if you delete the ciscotacro and ciscotacrw from the template. It is not supported now:
https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvu69248

1 Like

I concur I had this same problem with version 20.3.2. Just went to the copied config and deleted the ciscotacro and ciscotacrw accounts from it.

2 Likes

It worked here too, by removing the lines below from the created template:

user ciscotacro
description CiscoTACReadOnly
group operator
status enabled
!
user ciscotacrw
description CiscoTACReadWrite
group netadmin
status enabled
!