Cloud Connectivity

Hello Ajay

Take a look at this NetworkLessons Note on Docker iptables.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

hello Rene and thank you for the course; it is vast and creates confusion; I do not understand how you say that Amazone can provide the speed if we subscribe, if I understand correctly I can do without the internet provider in my country and turn to Amazone for example? in addition, make a small summary of this course, please. Thank you for your attention.

Hello Berthol

The service that Rene is talking about in this particular case is Amazon’s Direct Connect. This service allows you to have a dedicated connection between your local enterprise network and Amazon’s cloud. This is advantageous because:

• traffic between AWS and your enterprise does not share a link with general internet traffic
  • it delivers the shortest path possible between you and AWS ensuring low latency

Direct Connect doesn’t connect you to the Internet, so you still have to have your connection to an ISP for general Internet traffic.

Laz

okay
thank you I understand.

1 Like

A question What are the best practices to follow to migrate the on-premise network to the cloud? example firewall configurations ip addresses network device configuration
Thanks

Hello Ugo

There is no single answer to this question. There are various processes and best practices depending upon the network type, the services you are running and the kind of cloud architecture you are moving to. In general, some of the important things to consider include:

• Making a budget - consider the costs involved and set your budget based on both the one-time costs as well as recurring costs.
  • Plan your data synchronization - during the migration process, makes sure to determine the source of data and services used so that you can avoid duplication of data and errors.
  • Design a transfer plan with appropriate milestones - create a plan that includes milestones as well as a specific date and time when the cutover will occur. This is done to minimize downtime.

Beyond this, the specifics of each migration will further determine the best practices to follow. Some additional information may be found in the following lesson:

Laz

Hi,
Thank you for your effort. I will configure BGP / VLAN brtween AWS Direct Connect (Partner) and an On-Premise using Palo Alto Firewall in the Data Center. Specially between DX and transit GW in AWS Below the Architect :
LAN/DMZ → Internal FW Palo Alto FW → External PAN → Nexus F5 → Partner Cage → DX → Transit GW → AWs Cloud ?

Could you please provide me with a step-by-step guide on how to configure this setup or direct me to relevant resources that could assist me in achieving this.

Hello Mourad

That sounds like an interesting setup, and one that you can learn a lot from while deploying it! It is somewhat outside of the scope of the lesson to get into all of the details of configurations for the wide range of systems and products from different vendors that you are using. I think your best bet would be to come in contact with Amazon’s documentation and support network. Here are a few links that will help you out:

AWS Direct Connect User Guide:

AWS Support:
https://aws.amazon.com/support/

In addition, if this is a deployment for a particular production network, it may be worth it to consult with a certified network engineer or seek assistance from a consulting firm that specializes in AWS networking.

Laz

Hello, everyone!

I would like to ask for your assistance with this. The ENARSI exam topics state the following:
obrázok

When it comes to studying Cisco DNA, do you have any advice on how exactly should I study it and what things would be worth remembering? The thing is, it isn’t quite clear to me by just reading the exam topics.

They specifically say “Troubleshoot network problems using Cisco DNA Center assurance”. The thing is, Cisco DNA is only available to me online on the sandbox, there’s no way for me to connect it to my CML lab for example and troubleshoot anything. And when it comes to “Assurance”, are they talking about only the Assurance section of the DNA Center?

That’s all, thank you!

David

Hello David

Indeed DNA is not easily accessible nor can you emulate it, and Cisco knows this. Using the online sandbox is a good way to cover the requirements as much as possible. Also, to get a better understanding of what is required of you, taking a look at some of the practice exams that are out there will be helpful.

The reference to “Assurance” in the exam blueprint specifically pertains to the Assurance section of the Cisco DNA Center. This section is dedicated to network monitoring, health checks, and troubleshooting. Your focus should be on understanding how Assurance provides insights into network performance, identifies issues, and suggests remediations.

This is a common challenge for studying for these exams, but Cisco knows the limitations of studying for the DNA section, so you shouldn’t worry to much about going too in depth.

Take a look at this NetworkLessons note on how to prepare for Cisco DNA exam topics.

Laz