Dark theme for Networklessons

It would be helpful for the site to have a dark theme as well. I keep reading at night and the white background theme of the site is straining my eyes.

PS : Youtube has a dark theme tab in settings .

2 Likes

Hello Manoj,

I like the idea :slight_smile: I have someone working on a refresh of the site theme at the moment so I’ll see if this is something we can do in the future. I personally use dark mode for many sites :grin:

Rene

3 Likes

I also would love to see a dark theme. The white background is very harsh for long study sessions.

1 Like

I added this idea to the feedback board:

https://feedback.networklessons.com/feature-requests/p/dark-theme

Changing the styling isn’t too difficult but I’m wondering what i can do about all the topology images with white backgrounds…:sweat_smile:

For now, I think you can also do this with stylebot:

Rene

We implemented this feature this week. Everyone should now see a button on the top right of every lesson:

1 Like

Hi Rene, I don’t see any dark theme for Forums. I think it will also be helpful to have dark theme for it. This will help students like me who like going through Forums after completing a lesson.

Thanks Rene,

Regards,
Rahul

Hello Rahul,

I agree that would be a good idea. I didn’t think of this before. Discourse has built-in support for dark mode:

I’ll do some testing. We might have to make some CSS changes.

Rene

1 Like