Data Centre Concepts

Hi,

I am new to this site,so have not checked the entire site,but cant seem to find anything about Data Centre.

There seems to be a mix of Data Centre terminology being used now in a routing and switching environment since big companies like i am working for, are hosting services in Data Centre.This puts me in a difficult position,my line of study had always been Routing and Switching,Now im feeling an urge for doing so many other Certifications along side which in real world for a working parent is not always easy.Can Rene put up a few tutorials for DC Architecture explaining the need for Fex or other such related terms.

Hello Naila,

Sorry for the late reply, right now 99% of what we have is R&S. I plan to work on DC/Nexus material in a few weeks once I finish all R&S topics.

When you understand R&S, DC is not too bad since there is some overlap…and some new topics.

Rene

5 Likes

Eagerly waiting for your new series regarding Data Center. Thanks Rene

2 Likes

Hello,
Please arrange to share Cisco Nexus Switch topics as soon as possible please.

Thank you so much for all…!!!

Hi Rene,

Im eagerly looking for topic like VXlan, MLAG. Leaf and Spine architectures. Could you please provide a time frame on when will you be uploading those topics to the website.

1 Like

Hi Akshay,

I’m getting close now. There are a few more CCIE R&S topics to add and then I’m only working on DC material. Q1 2019 for sure.

Rene

2 Likes

Hi Rene,

Could you please confirm if there are any data center topologies topics going to be posted soon. I am looking for topics like VXLAN, BGP-EVPN etc.
It would be helpful if you could give us a current time frame by when these topics will be posted online.

1 Like

Welcome to Q2 2019.
Now I’m trial member and I planned to upgrade it after I see some DC topics.
Thanks.

Hi Rene ,
I was waiting for the Data center topic from long time but still there is no move.

Hi Muhammad,

I’m afraid I have to postpone this. With all the new CCNA/CCNP/CCIE changes, I have a lot of R&S work to do before February 2020.

Rene

1 Like

Rene Understanding R&S will be sufficient to manage for DC

Hello Subash

Understanding R&S will definitely be helpful in understanding DC concepts. However there are some concepts for DC that are very useful and important to understand that are not included in R&S. This includes features such as VXLANs, Cisco Unified Fabric, Storage, SDN, and facilitating virtual machine deployments.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Has there been any update on DC/Nexus platform or ACI Rene?

Hi Rene,
Do we have any topic covering BGP EVPN?

Hello Naila

Currently, there is no lesson on BGP EVPN although it is simply mentioned in the Introduction to Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) lesson. However, if you like you can make a suggestion in the following member lesson ideas page. You may find that others have had similar requests, and you can add your voice to theirs:

In the meantime, take a look at the following Cisco guide on the topic:

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz