Datacenter - routing traffic

Datacenter. how the regional traffic gets routed to external destination ? what kind of traffic exited from the Data center?

HI Can you please clarify me on this? Thanks

Hello Sonti

I’m not sure what you are asking here. Can you give me some more information about your particular scenario?

Laz

Hi ,

I am working in Polaris company. Here we run the big plants. So, we are using here main datacenter as Chaska. Us . So, here the topology is like ISP MPLS(secondray) and Internet DMVPN(primary). I would like to know like how the regional traffic gets routed to external destination from data center. what kind of traffic exited from the Data center? Here data center traffic flows through MPLS or DMVPN? Thanks

Hello Sonti

The exact routing of regional traffic from your data center to external destinations depends on the specific configuration of your network architecture, and more specifically, on your company’s policies and requirements. However, I can provide you with a general perspective based on the information you provided.

A typical scenario might look like this:

1. MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching): MPLS is often used for internal, inter-office connections as a secondary network for redundancy and load balancing. For instance, your company may have offices in various regions, and these offices could be interconnected through an MPLS network provided by an ISP (Internet Service Provider). MPLS offers quality of service (QoS) guarantees, which can be critical for latency-sensitive applications, like video conferencing or VoIP.

2. DMVPN (Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network): On the other hand, DMVPN is typically used for establishing secure connections over the public internet. It can be the primary network for traffic that needs to go to the public internet, or for sites that do not have an MPLS connection.

Now, regarding the traffic flow and its path selection between MPLS and DMVPN, it depends on routing protocols and policies set in place. If you’re using dynamic routing protocols like BGP or OSPF, your routers will decide on the best path based on metrics such as hop count, path cost, bandwidth, delay, reliability, etc.

For example, your internal traffic between regional sites might be routed through the MPLS network due to its reliability and QoS guarantees. External traffic, like accessing web services on the internet, could be routed through the DMVPN network. Again, this could vary depending on the specific setup and routing policies.

As for what kind of traffic is exiting the data center, it can be quite diverse and depends on what services are hosted in the data center. It could be anything from web traffic, email, file transfers, database queries, and more. Monitoring and analysis tools would give you a breakdown of what type of traffic is most prevalent in your environment.

Remember, though, this is just a broad generalization. Your actual setup could be different based on your specific requirements and network design. It would be best to consult with those that designed the specific network to understand more precisely how your particular network operates.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Yes thanks…That is helpful

1 Like