DMVPN Phase 3 RIP Routing

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

It would have been nice if you had used loopback address of 1.1.1.1 for spoke 1 and loop address of 2.2.2.2 for spoke 2 and then loop address of 3.3.3.3 for hub in your examples. Would have been a lot easier to understand the debugs and illustrations that way.

1 Like

Can I ask why did you use default information originate and the distribute list with a default route in? What was the purpose of the DL?

Hello Chris,

With DMVPN phase 3, the spoke routers don’t need a specific route…only a default route.

I used the distribute-list to ensure the spoke routers only receive that default route, nothing else.

Rene

Hi Laz,

• Can i know why don’t we know specific route entry unlike phase 2?

*Again confusion with new term NHRP indication and in what against hub will send nhrp indication as well as we haven’t use nhrp redirect concept anywhere?

Could you explore what spoke 1 will send and to whom talk to with so hub will send nhrp indication and what is this nhrp indication, how it will processed?

Hello Pradyumna

This is explained in the Phase 3 section of the following lesson:

A an NHRP traffic indication is simply an NHRP redirect. The full term used by Cisco is “NHRP redirect traffic indication” as can be seen here in the following CIsco documentation:

Yes, this terminology is somewhat confusing when in the debugging it is not made clear. So wherever you see “traffic indication” you know it means NHRP redirect.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz